I love these guitars, they just oozes Rock’n’Roll. The Ibanez Steve Vai Jem Junior is such an incredible instrument for the money. It really has everything a Rock guitarist could want. Powerful pick ups, low action and stunning looks. Buy one and Rock out. This is what Ibanez have to say about it.
When Steve Vai teamed up with Ibanez in 1987, little did he realize what a lasting impact his signature model guitar would have. Today, the JEM is an iconic instrument immediately identified with the legendary guitarist. Famous for its distinctive look and innovative design, time has seen this popular, upscale guitar become the most counterfeited model in the world.
In an effort to make the JEM available to a broader fan base, Ibanez has released the JEMJR, providing more affordable access to the magic that is the JEM. Featuring a mahogany body attached to a Wizard III neck, the JEMJR offers many of the JEMs distinguishing characteristics; the H/S/H pickup configuration, the Tree of Life inlay, a double locking tremolo system, and, of course, the famous Monkey grip and Lion’s Claw tremolo cavity.
- Body: Mahogany
- Neck type: Wizard III Maple neck
- Fretboard: Jatoba
- Fretboard Inlay: Tree of Life
- Frets: Jumbo
- Fretboard radius: 400mm (15.75″)
- Scale Length: 648mm (25.5″)
- Neck Width at Nut: 43mm (1.7″)
- Neck Width at Last Fret: 58mm (2.3″)
- Neck Thickness at 1st Fret: 19mm (0.75″)
- Neck Thickness at 12th Fret: 21mm (0.82″)
- Bridge: Standard Ibanez Double Locking Tremolo System
- Pickup configuration: HSH
- Neck Pickup: Infinity Neck Humbucker
- Middle Pickup: Infinity single-coil mid pickup
- Bridge Pickup: Infinity Bridge Humbucker
- Hardware Color: Cosmo black
- Other Features: Monkey Grip, Lion’s Claw tremolo cavity
- Price £469